Dear Me, curated by Amanda Webb, CEO of Xplore, is a collection of letters from women, penned to their 16-year-old selves.
There are some milestones in life that feel more momentous than others, when you stop to reflect on where you have come from and how you have come to be there, with all of life’s highs and lows, twists and turns.
For Amanda Webb, it was the collision of her 50th birthday and her daughter Olivia’s 16th birthday in the same year, that prompted her to do something extra special.
What would you say in a letter to your 16-year-old self?
Amanda posed this question to 30 women she admires — women she’s known from her own school days through to more recent times — and this collection of heartwarming, raw and honest letters is the result.
“I also wrote a letter to my 16-year-old self, sharing stories from my career—moving countries, stretching myself in new roles and industries, being fired, regaining my confidence in another job, starting my own business… young me would have been shocked!”
Kasia Gospos, Founder of Leaders in Heels
“My hope is that women and young girls who read this book are uplifted by the stories, heartened by the truths, inspired by the learnings, and encouraged by the wisdom shared in each and every letter.”
Amanda Webb, CEO of Xplore
The women who’ve written these beautiful letters include:
- Diana Ryall AM, ex-MD Apple Australia and Founder, Xplore for Success
- Julie Gibbs, Publishing Supremo, Founder of Lantern Books and Producer of The Good Food Guide
- Nadine Ingram, Owner and Baker, Flour and Stone
- Shirley Chowdhary, CEO, Go Foundation
- Yamini Naidu, Business Storyteller, International Speaker and Author
- Kasia Gospos, Founder of Leaders in Heels
- Amanda Webb, CEO of Xplore, Advocate for Women and Equality, Purpose-driven philanthropist
“I started flipping through your book and couldn’t stop — the perks of being a printer! I am an avid reader, every spare minute I have, I read, and I have to say, Dear Me is the best book I’ve read this year. So inspiring!”
Katya Shmaiger, Kaligraphic Print Pty Ltd